Bidvertiser

Thursday 30 May 2013

recommendations for cloud storage solution?

we've been running daily backups, etc to a secondary disk on the machine acting as a file server. There's less of a need for a file server due to changing nature of the biz, and it occurs to me we have no offsite backup. So I'm going to ditch the file server and use some sort of cloud backup.

We're talking about a smallish amount of data, less than 10 GB probably. I like the idea of multiple copies, since that's what we've done to date, and it comes in handy if the need to roll back something arises, rather than just outright file loss. A set-and-forget it setup is a must, something that requires manual saving to something like dropbox isn't going to work. Since I work in corporate IT now, I'm pretty clueless as to the options out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment